Re: Failover Datasource?

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Failover Datasource?
Date: 2011-06-16 23:51:32
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On 06/16/11 1:27 PM, Bruce Adams wrote:
> Their primary goal appears to be connection pooling. My Java
> application server (Apache Tomcat) is already pooling database
> connections.

I think JDBC is the wrong layer for this, instead it should be
implemented in your java connection pool (tomcat, etc), where you
configure it with the multiple connections and the connection pooling
rules (master/failover, vs round robin vs whatever).

--
john r pierce N 37, W 122
santa cruz ca mid-left coast