Re: Fwd: [Announce] PostgreSQL Update from Command Prompt, Inc.

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Announce] PostgreSQL Update from Command Prompt, Inc.
Date: 2011-06-13 20:02:31
Lists: pgsql-www

On 06/13/2011 12:07 PM, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 6:53 PM, Robert Haas<robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> Uh, is this sort of thing allowed on pgsql-announce? I rather thought not.
>
> Looks like a product announcement to me. Lots of companies advertise
> to PostgreSQL users. Why not CP?
>
> My understanding is that it is limited to 4 per year.

Well, this particular email would not have (IMO) been o.k. to send to
announce as it discussed three separate things:

1. The fact that Beta2 just came out
2. The CFP for #PgWest
3. A produce advertisement about our Audit and Tune

Basically, it was just a generalized, "Hey guys, guess what is going on
and OH! You might want to consider this service" vs "CMD Announces new
High Availability service" or some such thing.

CMD has sent -announce emails about specific services in the past (as
have others) and I believe that is perfectly reasonable but this email
doesn't seem to fit the bill.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

@cmdpromptinc - @postgresconf - 509-416-6579