Re: 100% CPU Utilization when we run queries.

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: bakkiya <bakkiya(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 100% CPU Utilization when we run queries.
Date: 2011-06-08 05:07:10
Lists: pgsql-performance

On 8/06/2011 12:19 PM, bakkiya wrote:
> We have a postgresql 8.3.8 DB which consumes 100% of the CPU whenever we run
> any query.

Yep, that's what it's supposed to do if it's not I/O limited. What's the
problem? Is the query taking longer than you think it should to execute?
Do you expect it to be waiting for disk rather than CPU?

Please show your problem query/queries, and EXPLAIN ANALYZE output. See:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

> http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/file/n4465765/untitled.bmp

Heh. That's been resized to a 250x250 bitmap, which isn't exactly useful
or readable.

Why not paste the text rather than a screenshot?

--
Craig Ringer