Re: max_connections proposal

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Edison So <edison(dot)so2(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "List, Postgres" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: max_connections proposal
Date: 2011-05-29 23:27:18
Lists: pgsql-general

On 05/30/2011 03:26 AM, Edison So wrote:
> Thanks Graig for your comprehensive explanation although I do not
> understanding everything you said such as pgbouncer and pg_connect. I
> have just started to use Postgres 9.0 with no prior training.

Google is great :-)

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/

http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgbouncer/
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgBouncer

http://pgpool.projects.postgresql.org/

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/runtime-config-connection.html#GUC-MAX-CONNECTIONS

> I live in Canada and where I live has no instructor-led training on
> Postgres 9.0 with replication. Can you tell where I can get one.

I don't have any involvement with formal training or know anything about
it. Others may.

I think most people here just use the (IMO excellent) documentation, the
wiki, experimentation, and the mailing lists.

You might be able to find offerings from some of the professional
support people on this list:

http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_support

or via Google.

--