Re: Support for cert auth in JDBC

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: Marc-André Laverdière <marc-andre(at)atc(dot)tcs(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Support for cert auth in JDBC
Date: 2011-05-19 05:46:57
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On 05/18/2011 11:32 PM, Kris Jurka wrote:

> On Wed, 18 May 2011, Craig Ringer wrote:
>
>> Alas the SSLSocketFactory interface doesn't offer any really nice
>> options like a way to pass a Properties instance to the ctor,
>
> That'd be an easy thing to fix, just add another case to
> org.postgresql.ssl.MakeSSL#convert to pass through the provided
> Properties object. I've thought about that in the past, but with no real
> use case, I wasn't in a big rush to do so.

OK, good to know.

It wasn't a big issue for me in the end, as I landed up fetching my
configuration using the String argument form as a key to an
application-specific configuration provider. It's much easier to pass a
String argument through various layers one often has over the JDBC
driver, like an ORM or the like.

--
Craig Ringer