Memcached for Database server

From: Adarsh Sharma <adarsh(dot)sharma(at)orkash(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Memcached for Database server
Date: 2011-05-17 05:09:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear all,

I need to research on Memcache in the next few days.

What I want to know is it worth to have memcahed enable in our Mysql/
Postgres Production Servers.
We have databases from 20 to 230 GB and it's not the OLTP just a simple
OLAP where data is fetched and stored in some meaningful format.

What are benefits & why we used memcahed?

What are the bottlenecks to meet?

Thanks