vacuumdb with cronjob needs password since 9.0?

From: Andreas Laggner <andreas(dot)laggner(at)vti(dot)bund(dot)de>
Subject: vacuumdb with cronjob needs password since 9.0?
Date: 2011-05-12 08:56:20
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi list,

i always vaccumed my postgresql automatically with crontab, because
autovacuum is not suitable for my applications. With version 8.2 it
works perfect for me with this command line:

00 02 * * * postgres /usr/bin/vacuumdb -d gis -z

But not with 9.0, because vacuumdb now wants to have the password to
connect to the db.
i did not find any options to send the password with the command line in
vacuumdb!?

Cheers Andreas

--
Dipl. Geoökologe Andreas Laggner

Institut für Agrarrelevante Klimaforschung (AK) des vTI
Arbeitsgruppe Emissionsinventare
Johann Heinrich von Thünen-Institut (vTI),
Bundesforschungsinstitut für Ländliche Räume, Wald und Fischerei

Institute of Agricultural Climate Research (AK) of the vTI
Johann Heinrich von Thünen-Institute (vTI),
Federal Research Institute for Rural Areas, Forestry and Fisheries

Bundesallee 50
D-38116 Braunschweig

Tel.: (+49) (0)531 596 2636
Fax : (+49) (0)531 596 2645
E-mail: andreas(dot)laggner(at)vti(dot)bund(dot)de
Homepage: http://www.vti.bund.de