Re: Backpatching of "Teach the regular expression functions to do case-insensitive matching"

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Andres Freund" <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Backpatching of "Teach the regular expression functions to do case-insensitive matching"
Date: 2011-05-09 17:48:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I am thinking about a new target "installcheck-collations" in
> src/test/regress/GNUmakefile that creates a UTF8-encoding database
> and runs a different test schedule than the regular tests.

I don't know the best way to do this (or how many people agree we
should), but I found that running the standard `make installcheck`
against a database where the postgresql.conf file set
default_transaction_isolation = serializable helped provide some
baseline testing of SSI. None of the results change, but it helps
protect against certain classes of dumb error. (I know this from
personal experience.) I know *I'd* feel better if at least a few
buildfarm animals were set up to do this.

-Kevin