Re: Looking for table in PostregSQL that contains Operating System and Processor information

From: Gregor Trefs <Gregor(dot)Trefs(at)delphit(dot)com>
To: Grzegorz Szpetkowski <gszpetkowski(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Lieu, Peter" <Peter_Lieu(at)bmc(dot)com>, "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Looking for table in PostregSQL that contains Operating System and Processor information
Date: 2011-05-05 12:44:07
Lists: pgsql-novice

Isn't the version() function an easier way ?
If you execute the command "SELECT version();" you will get something
like "PostgreSQL 8.4.8 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC
gcc-4.4.real (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.4.4-14ubuntu5) 4.4.5, 64-bit".
Well, you don't get any information about your processor speed, but you
can determine the OS and the bits of your processor.
Maybe you can write a pspgsql function using some of the string
manipulation functions and returning a convient record type, which you
can use in your FROM clause.

Regards,
Gregor Trefs