Re: boolean states

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>,<jack(at)douglastechnology(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: boolean states
Date: 2011-05-04 12:26:29
Lists: pgsql-docs

Jack Douglas wrote:

> There are two kinds of people on this earth, those who understand
> boolean arithmatic and those who don't. I'm not one of them.

Hmmm... From that, I don't know if you do. Which do I record in the
understands_boolean column of the database record for you? Dang, I
knew I should have had *two* flags: known_to_understand_boolean and
known_to_not_understand_boolean. That would have been much simpler
than allowing NULL for UNKNOWN....

-Kevin

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." -Yogi Berra