Re: Predicate locking

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: <drkp(at)csail(dot)mit(dot)edu>,<arhipov(at)dc(dot)baikal(dot)ru>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Predicate locking
Date: 2011-05-04 11:16:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Greg Smith wrote:

> My point was just that no one has really done that here yet:
> provided an example showing SSI serialization working as a
> substitute for predicate locking in this sort of use case. I trust
> that the theory is sound here, and yet I'd still like to see that
> demonstrated.

Fair enough. You can find examples where there are no false
positives or false negatives in the src/test/isolation directory in
any checkout of the source code. Dan will be presenting the results
of a set of DBT-2 runs at PGCon, which might help. I've been
gradually building up a set of examples at:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SSI

That set is incomplete so far due to a scarcity of round tuits, but
if you want to suggest any particular tests, or add any (it's a
Wiki), I welcome the input.

With all that going on, and having mentioned that Wiki page on this
thread, I didn't think posting examples to this list was useful, but
could be persuaded otherwise.

-Kevin