Re: Major features for 9.1

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Major features for 9.1
Date: 2011-04-30 06:46:19
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 04/10/2011 12:12 PM, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Having also tediously gone through every result page in in several
> google searches using likely words, and diving into all pages which
> look like they *could* refer to SSI, I haven't found any that
> actually *do*.

I just fixed http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSI to include this acronym,
and the page I found to point it toward:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapshot_isolation#Making_Snapshot_Isolation_Serializable
doesn't suggest it's anything other than a theoretical concept so far.
I think there's a very real academic possibility for your work here
too. I'd be writing to the ACM about your upcoming paper "Implementing
Serializable Snapshot Isolation in a MVCC Database" if I were you.
After 9.1 ships, of course. (Be good to update the Wikipedia pages on
this at that point, too, once there's a long-term documentation URL for 9.1)