Re: Where's my event?

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Where's my event?
Date: 2011-04-29 22:52:09
Lists: pgsql-www

Dave Page wrote:
> Yes, it's a problem I complain about regularly. iirc Greg Smith was
> the last volunteer who was going to ensure everything got dealt with.

What Dave is too nice to say is that I slid out of the active moderator
set a few months ago, much like previous moderators of yore who made
similar claims. Made it almost a year before getting too distracted to
keep up every day. (Don't even want to talk about my pgsql-hackers backlog)

The only good way to make sure moderation stays timely for one's events
is to volunteer someone who helps makes sure the rest of the queue says
clean. Then the periodic "hey, can someone else review my request?"
finds nothing but that waiting. In short: if you want visibility into
the queue and its lack of progress, ask the person you have working on
keeping the queue clean.