Re: branching for 9.2devel

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Christopher Browne" <cbbrowne(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Aidan Van Dyk" <aidan(at)highrise(dot)ca>
Cc: "Greg Stark" <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>,<pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: branching for 9.2devel
Date: 2011-04-25 16:05:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Aidan Van Dyk <aidan(at)highrise(dot)ca> wrote:

> 2) Discipline of all new published commits being "pgindent clean".

Heck, I think it would be reasonable to require that patch
submitters run it before creating their patches. If people merged
in changes from the main repository and then ran pgindent, I don't
think there would be much in the way of merge problems from it.

Personally, once I had pgindent set up I didn't find running it any
more onerous than running filterdiff to get things into context diff
format. (That is, both seemed pretty trivial.)

The problem is that getting it set up isn't yet trivial. This is
all assuming that we fix that.

-Kevin