Re: Help - corruption issue?

From: Tomas Vondra <tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz>
To: Phoenix Kiula <phoenix(dot)kiula(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Help - corruption issue?
Date: 2011-04-21 16:51:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Dne 21.4.2011 07:16, Phoenix Kiula napsal(a):
> Tomas,
>
> I did a crash log with the strace for PID of the index command as you
> suggested.
>
> Here's the output:
> http://www.heypasteit.com/clip/WNR
>
> Also including below, but because this will wrap etc, you can look at
> the link above.
>
> Thanks for any ideas or pointers!
>

> Process 15900 attached - interrupt to quit

Nope, that's the "psql" process - you need to attach to the backend
process that's created to handle the connection. Whenever you create a
connection (from a psql), a new backend process is forked to handle that
single connection - this is the process you need to strace.

You can either see that in 'ps ax' (the PID is usually +1 with respect
to the psql process), or you can do this

SELECT pg_backend_pid();

as that will give you PID of the backend for the current connection.

regards
Tomas