Re: 1.12.3 built

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Erwin Brandstetter <brsaweda(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 1.12.3 built
Date: 2011-04-20 19:41:02
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Le 20/04/2011 21:19, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 7:28 PM, Erwin Brandstetter <brsaweda(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> Aloha!
>>
>> I have been working with 1.12.3 on Win XP for a day now. Databases are pg
>> 8.4.7 on Debian Lenny - so, not the latest stuff.
>> Except from the problem with upgrading from 1.12.2 the overall impression is
>> very good. The new version seems generally more responsive.
>> Especially the small fixes for the search/replace dialog in the SQL window
>> are a bliss (only one OK-pop-up, when search string is not found; 1 tab
>> needed, instead of 2, to navigate from search field to replace field).
>>
>> I checked for this in particular, as I reported it:
>> 2011-01-09 GL 1.12.3 Fix uncalled CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW when changing
>> privileges on an existing view
>> Looks good.
>
> :-)
>
>> I noticed a couple of small issues on the server status window:
>> - Menu-Help-Help does not do anything.
>
> Do you mean "Help -> Help Contents"? It works for me, on a clean VM.
>
>> - Identical icons for "Copy selected text ..." and "Open the query tool with
>> ..". Should be distinguishable.
>
> Not sure what you mean. The query tool icon is a database with a
> magnifier, which isn't what we use for copy.

You're right on the frmMain window, but Erwin's talking about the
frmStatus one. And he's right. The small icon to copy a query to the
frmQuery window is a copy of the copy icon (nice sentence :) ). My
fault. But I don't have design skills and don't know how to create a
smaller icon of the querytool.

>> - Colors in Acrivity pane are not explained anywhere (I think that has been
>> discussed already.)
>> If you want me to, I will open tickets for these issues .
>
> That one is down to Guillaume :-p

Well, check the options window. You have a comment for each colour.

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr