Re: sqlstate 02000 while declaring cursor/freeing statement

From: "Thomas F(dot) O'Connell" <tfo(at)sitening(dot)com>
To: andy rost <andy(dot)rost(at)noaa(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: sqlstate 02000 while declaring cursor/freeing statement
Date: 2005-08-30 14:01:36
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Aug 29, 2005, at 2:19 PM, andy rost wrote:

> I'm new to the PostgreSQL community so please pardon what is
> probably a silly question ...
>
> I'm in the process of porting Informix ESQL to PostgreSQL. I
> occasionally get sqlcode = 100 and sqlstate = 02000 when declaring
> cursors or freeing prepared statements. Is this normal? For example:
>
> $declare loop1 cursor with hold for
> select distinct ( tabname )
> from meta ;
>
> results in sqlca.sqlcode = 100 and sqlca.sqlstate = '02000'

Andy,

According to the docs, a positive value of sqlcode indicates a
harmless condition:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/ecpg-errors.html

The sqlstate of 02000 looks like the NO DATA code:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/errcodes-appendix.html

I don't see anything wrong with your cursor declaration, so this just
looks like it's indicating that no rows were returned.

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Co-Founder, Information Architect

Strategic Open Source: Open Your i™