Re: Selecting the logfile

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Maximilian Tyrtania <lists(at)contactking(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Selecting the logfile
Date: 2011-04-17 15:13:40
Lists: pgadmin-support

Le 17/04/2011 16:36, Maximilian Tyrtania a écrit :
> Am 17.04.2011 um 16:07 schrieb Guillaume Lelarge:
>
>> Le 17/04/2011 15:52, Maximilian Tyrtania a écrit :
>>> There is this popup menu in the server status window, that says "aktuelle Logdatei" (=current logfile). Unfortunately it is *sometimes* disabled. I have no clue as to why or what i should do to be able to look at the previous logfiles. Any pointers?
>>> I'm on pgAdmin 1.12.2 on Mac OS 10.6.7. The Server is pg 9.0.2 on Ubuntu.
>>>

>> If you don't have something like "logging_collector not enabled or
>> log_filename misconfigured" or "redirect_std_err not enabled or
>> log_filename misconfigured" in the log pane, then it's probably because
>> you haven't selected the log pane.
>
> Indeed, clicking on the log pane enables that popup menu. Maybe this could be improved upon.
> Anyway, thanks for your help.

Actually, the improvement was to make it that way. You only have access
to available tools for the selected pane. You don't need the cancel
query button if you didn't select a row in the activity pane or the lock
pane which has a query running. You don't need the logfile selection
combobox if you're not on the log pane.

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr