Re: Performance Farm Release

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Performance Farm Release
Date: 2011-03-27 19:20:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I just dusted off this code and brought it back to current again.
Basically a lot of reformatting the new performance farm parts to
minimize their diff. Once that was done, all of the other buildfarm
client updates since then applied cleanly.

The result is now sitting as a fork of Andrew's client code repo at
https://github.com/greg2ndQuadrant/client-code , replacing the repo
Scott published at https://github.com/slux/PostgreSQL-Performance-Farm ;
much easier to avoid future bit-rot with this structure.

The main changes made here are now pretty easy to read on github:
https://github.com/greg2ndQuadrant/client-code/commit/d0339a59ceb4711a6b042d3f1d053c77f07720f4
and I've attached the code as a patch here. It also uses some scripts
from pgbench-tools that aren't the interesting part.

I got a nibble from Endpoint at PGEast about interest in hacking the
buildfarm server code to add support for a new test type, so this may
start moving forward again if that works out.

Attachment Content-Type Size
perf-farm-v2.patch text/x-patch 9.3 KB