Re: double free issue in 2.4 (and previous versions)

From: Federico Di Gregorio <federico(dot)digregorio(at)dndg(dot)it>
To: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org, gmr(at)myyearbook(dot)com
Subject: Re: double free issue in 2.4 (and previous versions)
Date: 2011-03-25 09:22:10
Lists: psycopg

On 18/03/11 19:31, Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> Running into "python: double free or corruption " that causing my app to
> terminate while doing inserts. It seems to happen when inserts are
> happing at a fairly high velocity. I've included some info that might be
> helpful in tracking it down. From the info, it looks like it may be on
> returning a ProgrammingError but I do not receive any errors in the
> PostgreSQL logs and the query that is executed right before the double
> free or corruption issue completes in Postgres without problem. 100% of
> queries are inserts and the debug output compared to the database
> validates the last command executed is successful.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

First of all enable debug logging in setup.cfg to get an exact trace of
what psycopg is doing just before the crash and send it to this list. Also:

- which psycopg version are you using?
- is your application multithreaded?
- can you provide us the code that crashes? (not everything but a small
enough piece of code that reproduce the error)

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio federico(dot)digregorio(at)dndg(dot)it
Studio Associato Di Nunzio e Di Gregorio http://dndg.it