Different responses to description request between Mac and Linux

From: Jerry Schneider <jerry57(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Different responses to description request between Mac and Linux
Date: 2011-03-22 00:51:39
Lists: psycopg

I am working on extending a library for RobotFramework and added a
keyword for column description retrieval but noticed that when I run it
on Mac OS X 10.6 I am getting:
Column(name='id', type_code=20, display_size=None, internal_size=8,
precision=None, scale=None, null_ok=None)
but when I run the exact same test against the exact same database from
an Ubuntu 10.10 Linux box I am getting:
('id', 20, None, 8, None, None, None)

The only difference that I can find is that the Mac box is running
psycopg2 2.4 installed via (python setup.py install) while the Ubuntu
box is running psycopg2 2.2.1 installed via package management. Is it
possible that this version difference is what is accounting for the
response difference?

Thanks,
jer

--