log timestamp since daylight saving time

From: "Maria L(dot) Wilson" <Maria(dot)L(dot)Wilson-1(at)nasa(dot)gov>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: log timestamp since daylight saving time
Date: 2011-03-15 12:50:31
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all -

Ever since daylight savings time, I've noticed that the timestamp in the
log files on 2 of our many postgres servers (version 8.4.5) did not
update. It's still 1 hour behind. The settings are all default (see
below) on all the servers.

# - Locale and Formatting -

datestyle = 'iso, mdy'
#intervalstyle = 'postgres'
#timezone = unknown # actually, defaults to TZ
environment
# setting
#timezone_abbreviations = 'Default' # Select the set of available
time zone
# abbreviations. Currently,
there are
# Australia
# India
# You can create your own file in
# share/timezonesets/.
#extra_float_digits = 0 # min -15, max 2
#client_encoding = sql_ascii # actually, defaults to database
# encoding

I've also checked the timezone through psql - for the 2 incorrect
servers I get

postgres=# show timezone;
TimeZone
----------