hiding metadata information from a user

From: Dinesh Bhandary <dbhandary(at)iii(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: hiding metadata information from a user
Date: 2011-03-10 00:24:01
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi All -

Please let me know if this is possible to do in postgres.

I am creating a read only user, which has limited access to db objects,
primarily views. Even though this user can't query data from other db
objects it can view the system catalog using pg* views and tables,
thereby exposing our logical schema.
Is there a way in postgres to limit access to system catalogs. I just
want a pure read only user, which can do nothing but query specific
views we outlined.

Thanks!
Dinesh