Re: view column defaults not displayed

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: "A(dot)M(dot)" <agentm(at)themactionfaction(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: view column defaults not displayed
Date: 2011-03-06 14:29:27
Lists: pgadmin-support

Le 14/02/2011 22:28, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> Le 14/02/2011 21:51, A.M. a écrit :
>> [...]
>> I am using ALTER VIEW x ALTER COLUMN y SET DEFAULT defaultclause, but the defaults do not seem to appear in the pgadmin generated SQL for the view. Is this a deliberate omission? psql does display view column defaults:
>>

> Mainly because it was forgotten. I checked, it's available since 8.4.
> Should be an easy patch (once someone found the time to work on it :) ).

Seems I was totally wrong. pgAdmin supports default values for columns
in views since quite some time (at least 1.12). It doesn't use the ALTER
VIEW statement, but the ALTER TABLE one. I don't think we really need to
change this right now. It works and that's good enough for me.

Can you check your release and see if you have the ALTER TABLE
statement? it should be after the ALTER TABLE that sets the owner.

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr