Re: wrapping up this CommitFest (was Re: knngist - 0.8)

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: wrapping up this CommitFest (was Re: knngist - 0.8)
Date: 2011-03-01 19:52:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> As I understand it, it requires only the steps described here:
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Alpha_release_process
>
> That all looks pretty straightforward, assuming you can log into
> developer.postgresql.org, which I can't. I think I remember having an
> ftp account at some point, but it's not accepting connections on port
> 22, so there is doubtless some secret sauce I am missing here.

Ideally, we want to have some binaries/packages for the "final alpha".
Those broaden testing considerably.

We don't need them for all platforms, of course. Really, the critical
ones for testing are Windows and OSX. Linux/BSD/Solaris users are
pretty good at make/make install.

--
-- Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.