Re: [GENERAL] FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host “::1***"

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host “::1***"
Date: 2011-02-23 07:09:15
Lists: pgsql-general

On 02/22/11 10:38 PM, itishree sukla wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am using System DSN, that connects to postgreSQL, to fetch data
> from the database, and put into xls sheet .Its working fine with most
> of the machines and connects fine but on 1 machine i am getting this
> FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host “::1******”, user “postgres”,
> database “myDatabase", SSL off error. Any idea why it is so, please
> suggest.
> Thanks in advance ...

::1 is the IPv6 localhost. sounds like this system has ipv6 configured,
so you probably want a line in pg_hba.conf like...

hosts all all ::1 md5

(replace the md5 with whatever you normally use on the localhost linet
hat looks like

hosts all all 127.0.0.0/8 md5

the other common value is 'trust'. md5 requires a password, trust doesn't.