possible memory leak in Server Status window

From: Julius Tuskenis <julius(at)nsoft(dot)lt>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: possible memory leak in Server Status window
Date: 2011-02-07 14:30:17
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello, all!

Last Friday I've installed pgAdmin 1.12.2 (build Dec 13, 2010) into one
of our clients servers (Windows server 2003 SE SP2). Postgresql 8.3.3
runs on it. As we were looking how to improve performance we were using
Server Status tool (great tool, especially with recent changes - thank
you for it). I have noticed that pgAdmin consumes virtual memory when
the tool is running.
Today I have opened the Server Status tool, and during an hour or so the
VM size used by pgAdmin increased from 13Mb to 28Mb.
I tried to reproduce the behavior on other systems but with no success
yet. Could you give me a hint what I should try?

Also I noticed, that Lock window is updated not according to interval
chosen in combo box. When I select 10 minutes interval lock list is
updated every minute (or so). Is this behavior expected?

--
Julius Tuskenis
Programavimo skyriaus vadovas