gist README

From: Vangelis Katsikaros <ibob17(at)yahoo(dot)gr>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: gist README
Date: 2011-01-24 12:25:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello

I see that the gist README file (src/backend/access/gist/README) hasn't
seen any major content updates, since its initial creation, apart from
gist insertion recovery issues [1].

I would like to ask if there are any major differences between the
README file and postrges' code, and if the README file has the essence
of what is happening in the gist code?

For example in commit (1f7ef548ec2e594fa8766781c490fb5b998ea46b) [2],
another algorithm for splitting was implemented, but the paper isn't
mentioned in the README file. The reason I am asking is that I am
interested in gists (for a university project) and I would like to see
how they were implemented in postgres.

Regards
Vangelis Katsikaros

[1]