Maintenance downtime for commitfest.postgresql.org and media.postgresql.org

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Maintenance downtime for commitfest.postgresql.org and media.postgresql.org
Date: 2011-01-14 16:23:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Hi all!

In preperation of some further improvments to our infrastructure, the
sysadmin team needs to move coridian.postgresql.org (aka
commitfest.postgresql.org) and mintaka.postgresql.org
(media.postgresql.org) to a different host within the same datacenter.

We are planning to do that move starting Sunday January 16th 12:00 to
13:00 (GMT).

The expected downtime is ~30min per VM and we will send a "all is good
again" after the work is done - it would be good to not make any chances
to the commitfest interface until you see that notice.
In preparation for the move we also have reduced the TTLs of the
affected records down to 5 minutes to make the DNS-migration go as fast
as possible.

Stefan