Re: Out of Memory postgres

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Silvio Brandani" <silvio(dot)brandani(at)tech(dot)sdb(dot)it>
Subject: Re: Out of Memory postgres
Date: 2011-01-14 20:34:41
Lists: pgsql-admin

Silvio Brandani <silvio(dot)brandani(at)tech(dot)sdb(dot)it> wrote:

> I try to change odbc drivers (version 8.x to 9.x) and postgres
> version (8.3.x to 9.x , Linux platform ) but the error appear in
> all versions.

> MessageContext: 1590689792 total in 211 blocks; 8496 free (19
> chunks); 1590681296 used

Exact versions might be significant. Also, locale information,
particularly character set and encoding, at each layer may be
significant. I seem to remember some problems with recursive calls
within error handling when there were byte sequences which didn't
work in the encoding. There has been work to fix that in the
PostgreSQL backend, but I don't know about the ODBC driver, and if
you're not using the latest version, you might be missing a critical
fix.

http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning

-Kevin