Backup and restore sequences

From: gvim <gvimrc(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Backup and restore sequences
Date: 2011-01-07 15:46:31
Lists: pgsql-general

PostgreSQL 9.0.1/pgAdminIII 1.12.1

I want to copy selected tables from one database to another and maintain the sequences which I originally setup with:

CREATE SEQUENCE venues_id_seq START WITH 1122;
ALTER TABLE venues ALTER COLUMN id SET DEFAULT nextval('venues_id_seq');

... along with their current values, which have been augmented since the database was setup. When I backup via pgAdminIII the sequences are not even included. I also can't find anything in:

man pg_dump

... which specifies sequences.

gvim