linux server configuration

From: Sim Zacks <sim(at)compulab(dot)co(dot)il>
To: PostgreSQL general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: linux server configuration
Date: 2011-01-06 11:20:54
Lists: pgsql-general

We are about to build a new database server, our plan is to use Debian.

Is there documentation of recommended server configurations for Linux,
such as kernel parameters, preferred file system, etc that work best
with postgresql?

I'm not talking about the pg configuration, which I have seen a lot of
documentation about, more on getting the OS ready.

Thanks

Sim