Re: CONSTRAINT does not show when applying a EXCLUDE constraint

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Richard Broersma <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: rob(at)marjot-multisoft(dot)com, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CONSTRAINT does not show when applying a EXCLUDE constraint
Date: 2010-12-27 21:14:54
Lists: pgsql-general

Le 27/12/2010 22:02, Richard Broersma a écrit :
> On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 12:50 PM, InterRob <rob(dot)marjot(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> pgsql Command "\d test" produces the following:
>> Table "public.test"
>> Column | Type | Modifiers
>> ------------+---------+-----------
>> object_id | integer |
>> subject_id | integer |
>> "EXCL_double_combi" EXCLUDE USING btree (imm_least(subject_id,
>> object_id) WITH =, imm_greatest(subject_id, object_id) WITH =)
>
> I see. Since exclusion constraints is a rather new feature, psql may
> need some tweaking to report these constraints as constraints

Actually, a PKEY is not a "rather new feature", but it's available in
the indexes list, not in the constraints one.

The reason is obviously because they are both enforced with an index.

Quite funny to see that pgAdmin did the exact opposite choice. They are
both available in the constraints node, which also does not please many
people :)

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr