Re: naked objects from stored procedures, interface generation

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: naked objects from stored procedures, interface generation
Date: 2010-12-23 08:39:48
Lists: pgsql-general

On 12/23/10 12:19 AM, Wim Bertels wrote:
> My question is, from db point of view, do we have such frameworks that
> work the other way,
> ie that forward engineer from a database to a user interface (web or
> program),
> maybe using the stored procedures available on the database (eg in the
> same naked objects work)
> so: exisiting db (possible + stored procedures) >> user interface (eg
> crud or other)

one database can serve many applications.

the database provides the persistent storage for the 'model' part of a
classic M-V-C system, and it can provide some to much of the 'model'
business logic, but its really not suitable for either the view or the
controller, those are better expressed in other domains