Re: Extensions, patch v17

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Extensions, patch v17
Date: 2010-12-16 13:05:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dimitri tells me there's a V18 of this patch due real soon now. That
may very well be ready for a committer, but even if that's the case it's
going to take them some time to consume what was at last count an almost
10K line long context diff. In the interest of closing this CF out
without further schedule overrun, I'm going to mark this as returned for
now.

Extensions are such a major improvement for PostgreSQL that I certainly
hope review and eventual commit for 9.1 continues during or before the
next CF. Both the multiple dependency patches that have been committed
in the last month and the steady flow of updates to this one are good
signs of progress.

PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support www.2ndQuadrant.us