Re: Driver version numbers

From: Jon Erdman <postgresql(at)thewickedtribe(dot)net>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Driver version numbers
Date: 2010-12-14 18:22:14
Lists: pgsql-odbc

There's really no one that can explain this? I saw someone else asked
pretty much the same question around the same time and hasn't gotten any
answer.

I'm going to guess that the version numbers do correspond to the pg
version numbers, and that any new features available in that pg version
are supported in the corresponding odbc version...but what sort of
things does that constitute? Looking at the release announcement for the
09.00.xxxx driver didn't really give me any clues since it seemed to
only mention bug fixes.

Basically I just want to know if I should worry much about using
08.04.0200 to connect to 9.x.

--
Jon Erdman (aka StuckMojo)
PostgreSQL Zealot