COPY FROM and INSERT INTO rules

From: Sairam Krishnamurthy <kmsram420(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: COPY FROM and INSERT INTO rules
Date: 2010-12-07 00:27:11
Lists: pgsql-general

All,

I have a rule written on a temp table which will copy the values
inserted into it to another table applying a function. The temp table
will be discarded then. The rules I have written works when I use
"Insert into" the temp table. But when I use bulk copy "COPY FROM", the
rule doesn't get triggered and data is inserted only into the temp table
that I created.

Is there a way to call a rule when I use "COPY FROM" instead of "INSERT
INTO"

TIA,
Sairam