Re: PG84 and SELinux

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: byrnejb(at)harte-lyne(dot)ca, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PG84 and SELinux
Date: 2010-12-06 05:47:54
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:
> "James B. Byrne" <byrnejb(at)harte-lyne(dot)ca> writes:
>
>> I wrote too soon. What I did was uncomment the ssl option. I
>> neglected to change the setting from off to on.
>>

>> When I try to start the server with ssl=on it fails with this error:
>>

>> Auto configuration failed
>> 29006:error:0E065068:configuration file routines:STR_COPY:variable
>> has no value:conf_def.c:629:line 207
>>

> AFAIK there is no place in the standard Postgres sources that could emit
> an error message even vaguely like that.

That looks to be the str_copy routine from conf_def.c in the OpenSSL
code, i.e. line 624 of the version at:

http://code.google.com/p/commitmonitor/source/browse/trunk/common/openssl/crypto/conf/conf_def.c

So guessing something in the SSL autonegotiation is failing here in a
really unexpected way.

PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support www.2ndQuadrant.us