Logfile name is hard to adjust

From: Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Logfile name is hard to adjust
Date: 2010-11-18 14:46:11
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Aloha!

Testing pgAdmin v1.12.1 on Windows XP Pro.
New PC, I installed from scratch, so I revisited a couple of steps I hadn't touched in quite a while.

Under File ->Options ->Logging ..

It is not possible to change the logfile name to a filename that does not exist yet. Changes typed in by hand are not saved. With the "Browse" dialog
one can only chose pre-existing files.
This probably isn't how it should be. Things get really complicated though, if you want the process ID in the logfile name (as advertised). The only
way I found is to create a dummy file with "%ID" in the name (like "C:\logs\pgAdmin_%ID.log") and select it via "Browse" dialog. (You can delete the
dummy file later.)

I filed a bug accordingly: #284

Regards
Erwin