Re: It is possible to add an option to save files without UTF-8 BOM sequence

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Taras Kopets <tkopets(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: It is possible to add an option to save files without UTF-8 BOM sequence
Date: 2010-11-16 16:58:06
Lists: pgadmin-support

Le 16/11/2010 16:01, Taras Kopets a écrit :
> On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 4:47 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>wrote:
>>
>> There's no possibility to do that right now. But I'm not against having
>> such an option.
>>

> Is this some internal limitation of wxWidgets or time effort is too big?

That's not a limitation of wxWidgets. It's doable in 2/3 hours of work.
Not sure we really want to add a workaround for this. And actually, this
is not a bug in pgAdmin. psql and surely quite a lot of tools don't do
that write. In psql's specific case, I think it's already fixed.

Anyway, as already stated, I'm not against adding such an option. It's
quite simple to add, but it is another option to add on an already
filled dialog.

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr