pg_ctl init doc bug

From: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
To: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_ctl init doc bug
Date: 2010-11-09 14:06:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

While executing the following command I got:

$ pg_ctl init -D /tmp/foo -o "-N 11"
/home/euler/pg/bin/initdb: invalid option -- N
Try "initdb --help" for more information.
pg_ctl: database system initialization failed

I tried "-N 11" (postgres option) after looking at the manual but the -o
option only accept initdb options so I think there is a documentation bug.
Patch is attached.

While at it, is it worth adding a pg_ctl init example?

--
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
http://www.timbira.com/

Attachment Content-Type Size