Should we use make -k on the buildfarm?

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Should we use make -k on the buildfarm?
Date: 2010-11-06 16:16:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut has suggested that we should run "make -k" instead of
plain "make" for most or all of the buildfarm steps. This flag
essentially instructs make to keep going rather than fail at the first
error. We haven't done that for the last five or six years that the
buildfarm has been running, and nobody up to now has complained (that I
recall). I don't have any great objection, but before I make this change
I thought it might be as well to canvas a wider range of opinion.

So, does anyone else have thoughts about it?

cheers

andrew