Re: Starting off with the development

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Vaibhav Kaushal" <vaibhavkaushal123(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Starting off with the development
Date: 2010-11-02 14:49:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Vaibhav Kaushal <vaibhavkaushal123(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> What version should I start from? I guess postgresql 9.1 alpha
> would be good.

The HEAD of the master branch of the git repository is where
development normally takes place. You should start by developer
section of the main PostgreSQL web site and the pages to which it
links -- especially the Developer's FAQ page:

http://www.postgresql.org/developer/

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Developer_FAQ

You also might want to browse the README files in the source
directories.

-Kevin