add label to enum syntax

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: add label to enum syntax
Date: 2010-10-25 15:48:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers
It occurred to me in the dead of the night that instead of:

    ALTER TYPE enumtype ADD 'newlabel'

it might be better to have:

    ALTER TYPE enumtype ADD LABEL 'newlabel'

That way if we later wanted to support some other sort of ADD operation
on types we would be able to more easily. LABEL is already a keyword, so
it should be pretty minimally invasive to make this change, and if we
want to do it now is the time.

pgsql-hackers by date

Next:From: GregDate: 2010-10-25 15:56:56