Re: web site change is broken

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: web site change is broken
Date: 2010-10-18 17:20:30
Lists: pgsql-www

On 10/18/2010 01:03 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 14:27, Andrew Dunstan<andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:
>> Something has broken the web site. If I click the link on
>> <http://www.postgresql.org/download/> that says "you can browse the
>> <http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp>download mirrors
>> directly, it takes me to ,
>> <http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp>, but that page has
>> some gadget that takes me to a mirror it chooses after 5 seconds, even
>> though I deliberately chose NOT to use the automatic choice. Please fix
>> this.
> How exactly did you choose NOT to use the automatic choice?
>
> FWIW, you should be able to get out of your situtation by cleaning
> your cookies for postgresql.org (I believe there's a specific cookie
> you can find if you want to keep the others)

Previously, when I clicked the link for "download mirrors" it took me to
a list of mirrors _*and left me there*_. Now it takes me to the list of
mirrors and after 5 seconds takes me somewhere else.

Why have that link at all if you aren't allowing people to choose which
mirror they want to use?

cheers

andrew