Re: Debugging initdb breakage

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Debugging initdb breakage
Date: 2010-10-18 02:15:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

David Fetter wrote:
> Where should we preserve this, other than the mailing list archives?

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Getting_a_stack_trace_of_a_running_PostgreSQL_backend_on_Linux/BSD
has most of the other trivia in this area, so I just added Alvaro's
technique to the bottom of it with a quick intro to add some context.

--
Greg Smith, 2ndQuadrant US greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com Baltimore, MD
PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support www.2ndQuadrant.us