Re: Slow count(*) again...

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Mladen Gogala <mladen(dot)gogala(at)vmsinfo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slow count(*) again...
Date: 2010-10-13 13:02:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-performance

Mladen Gogala wrote:
> I am afraid that my management will not let me use anything that
> doesn't exist as a RPM package in the current Red Hat distribution. No
> Ubuntu, no Fedora, no manual linking. There will always be that
> ominous question: how many other companies are using XFS? From the
> business perspective, questions like that make perfect sense.

XFS support is available as an optional module starting in RHEL 5.5. In
CentOS, you just grab it, so that's what I've been doing. My
understanding is that you may have to ask your sales rep to enable
access to it under the official RedHat Network channels if you're using
a subscription from them. I'm not sure exactly what the support
situation is with it, but it's definitely available as an RPM from RedHat.

--
Greg Smith, 2ndQuadrant US greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com Baltimore, MD
PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support www.2ndQuadrant.us