Re: pgday.eu

From: Raymond O'Donnell <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: Peter Geoghegan <peter(dot)geoghegan86(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Alex Markelov <alex(dot)markelov(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tim Bunce <Tim(dot)Bunce(at)pobox(dot)com>, iepug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgday.eu
Date: 2010-10-11 20:31:43
Lists: iepug

On 11/10/2010 21:20, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've booked my flight. Here are the details:
>
> Flight EI0650 - Sun 05 Dec 2010
> Departs: Dublin (DUB) 07:00
> Arrives: Frankfurt-Terminal 2 (FRA) 10:05
>

> Flight EI0651 - Thu 09 Dec 2010
> Departs: Frankfurt-Terminal 2 (FRA) 10:50
> Arrives: Dublin (DUB) 12:00
>
> I have one of those "free" flights (not including taxes and "handling charges").
>
> According to the pgday.eu site:
>
> "You can also fly into Frankfurt (Main) which is one of the biggest
> airline hubs in Europe. You can then take the train from Frankfurt to
> Stuttgart. If you do connect in Frankfurt, it is recommended that you
> take the train rather than a connecting flight - it will usually be
> faster."

Just to be sure - better double-check that this is the main Frankfurt
airport, as opposed to Frankfurt Hahn which is a small airport a long
way west. - The "Main" above probably refers to the name of the city,
Frankfurt am Main (Frankfurt on the river Main) as opposed to Frankfurt
an der Oder (which I think is in the old DDR).

However, since you're getting an Aer Lingus flight, I'd be 99% certain
that this is the big airport; AFAIK only Ryanair goes to Hahn. No harm
to be sure, though.... :-)

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland