Fwd: Re: Small bug: COLUMN dialog types list wrong behavior

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: PgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fwd: Re: Small bug: COLUMN dialog types list wrong behavior
Date: 2010-10-11 12:20:13
Lists: pgadmin-support

FYI

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: Re: [pgadmin-support] Small bug: COLUMN dialog types list wrong
behavior
Date : Mon, 11 Oct 2010 14:19:00 +0200
De : Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Pour : r d <rd0002(at)gmail(dot)com>

Le 08/10/2010 21:00, r d a écrit :
> On 8 October 2010 00:25, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Le 07/10/2010 20:32, r d a écrit :
>>> [...]
>>> the "NEW COLUMN" / "COLUMN PROPERTIES" dialog which is accessible through
>>> context menu of the column in the object tree, or by calling it from the
>>> TABLE PROPERTIES dialog.
>>>
>>> On the page "PROPERTIES", the drop-down list "TYPE" skips some data
>> types.
>>>

>> Which one?
>>

> Several. The point is that navigating the elements - when the list is not
> open - with the arrow keys is not 'right'.

I have no issues, except the fact that types are not ordered by name.

> For example, I will never get offered "character varying" if I navigate the
> field in this way.

I don't reproduce this.

> When i open the dialog to modify an existing column of type "character
> varying", I get offered seven compatible types,
> but navigating the field with closed list does not behave as expected:
> Instead of alternating through all the list entries,
> it skips the last three types shown in the list.

I actually do reproduce this. And your previous issues are probably
related to this. The fact that I cannot reproduce the previous one is
probably because you seem to have user types. To be more precise, if I
comment the "cbDatatype->GuessSelection(ev);" line in
dlgColumn::OnSelChangeTyp() method, the bug is fixed.But it would get
rid of an interesting feature. Not sure what we should do, but it could
a be a non trivial bug fix.

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr