Re: INSERT INTO ... RETURNING id not behaving as expected with SQLNumResultCols

From: Gustavo Pinsard <pinsard(at)rocksolid(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: INSERT INTO ... RETURNING id not behaving as expected with SQLNumResultCols
Date: 2010-10-07 11:11:57
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Ryan,

What language are you writing your app? What is the code you're using to
capture the returning id?

Also, are you aware that you can fire a new SELECT statement after
you're done inserting? In scenarios where you wouldn't have much
concurrency that can be a valid approach.

And don't forget that the OID column is there for you to inspect. Ever
tried a SELECT OID FROM MyTable ORDER BY OID DESC LIMIT 1 ?

Gustavo